It’s what all New Year’s are made of. It’s about taking aim.
But what if you’ve felt like life keeps taking you out? Like the ducks in the duck shooting gallery game, you get this feeling someone or something is taking aim and trying to shoot you out of the game of life….
We’ve all felt it. Someone’s taking AIM. Someone’s looking to “put us out” (someone wants your job, your ministry, your spouse, your _____) or something’s trying to tire us out, over power us, make us quit – but just like the ducks in the duck shooting gallery games, we need to counter the aim and shots that knock us down and get back up!
We can’t wait long or waste time on what might have been or what has been and look forward with PURSUIT at what can and will be!
How can we do that?
- Ask for wisdom and discernment about where you are in life right now, asking God for direction. (James 1: 5: “If any of you needs wisdom to know what you should do, you should ask God, and He will give it to you.”)
- Acknowledge where you’ve made errors, mistakes, or have sinned and purpose to live rightly. (James 3:13-15, 17: “Do any of you have wisdom and insight? Show this by living the right way with the humility that comes from wisdom. But if you are bitterly jealous and filled with self-centered ambition, don’t brag. Don’ say that you are wise when it isn’t true. That kind of wisdom doesn’t come from above. It belongs to this world. It is self-centered…However, the wisdom that comes from above is first of all pure. Then it is peaceful, gentle, obedient, filled with mercy and good deeds, impartial, and sincere.”
- Make plans, take aim for where the Lord is leading YOU (not concerning yourself about what others are doing), and get moving – just make sure He goes before you! (James 4:17, “Whoever knows what is right but doesn’t do it is sinning.” Psalm 138:8, “The Lord will accomplish what concerns me.”)
- Be patient and don’t give up hope. GET UP. Take AIM at where God has you going! (James 5:7b-8, “See how farmers wait for their precious crops to grow. They wait patiently for fall and spring rains. You, too, must be patient. Don’t give up hope.”
- Pray…(James 5:13: “If any of you are having trouble, pray.”)
So, let’s not be consumed or worried about anything but taking AIM at where God will have us to serve Him. He has a purpose and direction for us, and we need to be about getting there! Life’s not standing still and we shouldn’t be either!
HAPPY NEW YEAR….take AIM!